Monday, May 01, 2006

Together for the Gospel

I was not able to attend the T4G Conference last week in Louisville. However, I just listened to John Piper's downloaded sermon. You can go to www.togetherforthegospel.com where they have all of the audio available. Ligon Duncan said that after hearing Piper, he didn't think he'd ever actually preached a sermon. I agree. I don't think I've heard a more Spirit-filled, gospel centered, Bible saturated sermon than what Piper delivered at this event. My heart is heavy and I am overwhelmed with my own sinfulness and lack of seriousness over my preaching and over the glory of the gospel of Christ. Piper said that the mantle of preaching is drenched in the blood of Calvary and singed with the fires of hell. He then asked 3000 preachers (mostly in their 20's and 30's), "Do you wear that mantle?" God, help me, and anyone who is reading this blog to wear that mantle! Whatever else you must do today, get this sermon and set aside an hour to listen.