Monday, January 08, 2007

My Book List for 2007

After reading this post by Todd Bolen, I was reminded of the importance of intentional planning in my reading. In other words, if I'm not intentional and I don't plan, I probably won't read. So, here is a list of 12 books that are next on my reading list for this year. Lord willing, I will get through more than this. Buy, hey, it's a start.

  • The Bondage of the Will, by Martin Luther
  • Religious Affections, by Jonathan Edwards
  • Seeing With New Eyes, by David Powlison
  • Christianity and Liberalism, by J. Gresham Machen
  • Foundations of Grace, vol. 1, by Steve Lawson
  • A Taste of Heaven, by R.C. Sproul
  • Give Praise to God, ed. by Ryken, Thomas, and Duncan
  • The Death of Death, by John Owen
  • Prince Caspian, by C.S. Lewis
  • Grace and its Fruits, by John Calvin
  • The Mortification of Sin, by John Owen
  • Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis

Any interesting books you are planning to read this year? My list is weak on church history and biography. That is where I am going to concentrate once I get through these 12.