Friday, November 02, 2007

Righteousness Does Not Come From the Law

"I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died needlessly." -Galatians 2:21


I've been studying in Galatians the last two mornings and having an awesome time. This particular verse stuck out to me as I was reading. What Paul is saying is so freeing. Our salvation has NOTHING to do with our obedience or lack of obedience to the Law of God. If our salvation was connected to obedience in even a little way, then the cross was a waste of time! These aren't my words, but the inspired words of the Apostle Paul. We are saved by grace. Let me say that again, we are saved by grace. The reason we can have a relationship with God the Father isn't because we obeyed, it's because Jesus obeyed.