Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An Encouraging Day

Yesterday, Nikki and I took a trip up to Virgilina, VA to speak with the pastor search committee of North Fork Baptist Church. Two weeks prior, I had an extremely exciting conversation with the same committee on the phone. After yesterday, I remain very encouraged. We will be going back on Sunday, August 24 and I will be preaching a trial sermon followed by a church vote on whether or not to call me as their next pastor.

Both our family and the committee feel great about moving foward. It seems to be a great fit. This blog will continue to be a great ministry for me and I look forward to writing artilces from a pastoral perspective if the Lord is willing and gracious to call me to North Fork.

I am very excited about this possible move and fresh start for our family. It has been a very hard couple of years with the death of Nikki's mom and my brother. At times, we have felt like everything always went south for us. But, we know that our God loves us deeply and we are his children. Please pray for our family and for the North Fork Baptist Church.

Soli Deo Gloria