Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Is For Community

As I sit here in my study on Sunday morning I am reminded how thankful I am for my church family. I am thankful that God did not just merely rescue me from sin as an individual, but He brought me into a community, a body if you will. As Paul says to the Ephesians we have, "one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all" (Ephesians 4:5-6). I hope that you have the privilege of being connected to a church full of people that love Jesus and each other. Sunday really is about community. Think about it...worship is a way of life, it happens all the time (at least it's supposed to). What is unique about Sunday? It's when we gather TOGETHER as a gospel community. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can rightly worship God without the church. We need each other.